OK, OK, so I edited a teeny bit but it is mostly his!
You should definitely check out the link at the bottom of the post if you are:
1) still thinking that home fireworks are probably ok
2) one of my neighbors who is planning on setting off fireworks in our neighborhood
3) the lady that I spoke to last night who works at The Waffle House and owns 2 fireworks stands
How many fingers and eyebrows do they have to lose?
Here, finanlly, is THE POST!
Why the heck do people buy home fireworks?
How many trailer parks have to burn down before they learn?
What parent (i.e.: a responsible person with children) in his right mind would set off something called a 12 inch “strike force missile”? Or a “Mad Dog”, “Bazooka Bear”, “Titanium Cracker”, “Dragon’s Wrath”, “Big Mama Jama”, “Brutal Force”,“Nuke Power”, “Pull String Grenade”, “Assorted Color Ammo Smoke”, “Caliber Blast”, “Car Bomb”, “Big Earthquake”, “Jumboshell Fountain”, “Pyrogyro”, “Cracker Jack in a Box”, “Deadly Fire”, “Battle of New Orleans”, “Pay Back”, “Mucho Grande – small” (isn’t that an oxymoron?), “Air Raid”, or of course the ever popular “So X*@! Good”?
Explain to me where or how these are “safe and SANE”.
comment from me: You go, Ken!
Quite a few others' comments followed - here are a couple:
- I agree. Be warned, these images are graphic. http://fiendfolio.blogspot.com/2007/07/hand-wound-monday-medley-of-firework.html
- I've been a nurse for nearly thirty years, and I've never been able to understand how parents can let their kids play with something that can blow their finger off.
- We see it every year in our emergency room. Fireworks are nasty.