Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Home Fireworks

This is from Ken Levine's blog -- I could not figure out how to say it better or even differently so it is a complete cut and paste. He is a good writer. You can check out his blog here.

OK, OK, so I edited a teeny bit but it is mostly his!

You should definitely check out the link at the bottom of the post if you are:

1) still thinking that home fireworks are probably ok

2) one of my neighbors who is planning on setting off fireworks in our neighborhood

3) the lady that I spoke to last night who works at The Waffle House and owns 2 fireworks stands


Here, finanlly, is THE POST!
Why the heck do people buy home fireworks?

How many fingers and eyebrows do they have to lose?
How many trailer parks have to burn down before they learn?

What parent (i.e.: a responsible person with children) in his right mind would set off something called a 12 inch “strike force missile”? Or a “Mad Dog”, “Bazooka Bear”, “Titanium Cracker”, “Dragon’s Wrath”, “Big Mama Jama”, “Brutal Force”,“Nuke Power”, “Pull String Grenade”, “Assorted Color Ammo Smoke”, “Caliber Blast”, “Car Bomb”, “Big Earthquake”, “Jumboshell Fountain”, “Pyrogyro”, “Cracker Jack in a Box”, “Deadly Fire”, “Battle of New Orleans”, “Pay Back”, “Mucho Grande – small” (isn’t that an oxymoron?), “Air Raid”, or of course the ever popular “So X*@! Good”?

Explain to me where or how these are “safe and SANE”.
______________________________________

comment from me: You go, Ken!

Quite a few others' comments followed - here are a couple:

1 comment:

Soutenus said...

I just received an email from my next door neighbor! what a sweetheart she is! Here is her comment:

"Loved viewing your blog. You're just neato.

And, don't worry. If we do 'fireworks', it'll be the same smoke bombs, poppers, sparklers and fizzers. Nothing shoots anywhere or explodes. Promise. I'm too much of a chicken to do anything else."

You know, I never worry about my next door neighbor's judgement or responsibility level. She is amazing.
I must say, our neighborhood was relatively quiet in comparison to past Independence Days.

Yay neighbors!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin