Thursday, November 19, 2009

Homemade Taco Seasoning - Secret Ingredients


I started some taco soup today and did not have any taco seasoning on hand . . . . .what was I thinking, right?

Well, now I proclaim, "Taco Seasoning in a pre-mixed packet?  Pshaw!"

Here are the Secret Ingredients:

  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • several cloves of fresh garlic chopped OR if storing for future use . . . . . 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 fresh onion chopped OR if storing for future use . . . . . 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika (I often do not have this on hand - the seasoning is a-o-k w/o it)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read this blog. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin